Russian DefMin surprised by UNICEF inaction amid growing terrorist activity in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 23:14
Russian Defense Ministry: Video of airstrike on Syrian school doctored upRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 21:22
Putin says its too early for him to retireSociety & Culture October 27, 21:10
Putin urges US not to provoke Russia to actively protect national interestsRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 20:20
NATO’s actions create risks to European security — Russian NATO envoyRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 19:52
Putin: Moscow ready to resume gas supplies to Ukraine on prepaid basisBusiness & Economy October 27, 19:47
Putin is sure Russia and Ukraine will find way to end crisisRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 19:32
Refugee crisis demonstrates EU incapacities — Austria’s ex-presidentWorld October 27, 19:08
Putin urges new Marshall Plan for Middle East to see recovery and growthRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 18:30
KIEV, April 27. /TASS/. A senior Ukrainian military official presented the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe and a representative of Russian Armed Forces a plan on the demilitarization of Shirokino residential settlement in the east of Ukraine.
The plan was presented by the head of the Ukrainian delegation to the Joint center for control and coordination of the ceasefire, Major General Andrey Taran.
"The Ukrainian side views the demilitarization of Shirokino settlement as the priority issue," the press center of Kiev’s military operation in the southeast wrote on its FaceBook account quoting Taran. "At the same time Minsk Accords and their provisions should be the basis for the further work in this direction."
The proposed plan stipulates complete ceasefire, the military pullout from the contact line, installation of web-cameras and mine clearing of the village and nearby territories.
The Defense ministry of self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) reported on Sunday that the Ukrainian military shelled populated areas on the territory controlled by the DPR almost 60 times starting on Saturday.
During the shelling, the pro-Kiev forces used artillery guns eight times, armored personnel carriers and infantry fighting vehicles eight times, tanks nine times, anti-tank guided missiles twice, air defense weapons once, mortars 17 times, grenade launchers and small arms 14 times, the DPR Defense Ministry said.
The Ukrainian military shelled the settlements of Novaya Maryevka, Sakhanka, Lozovoye, Spartak, Zhabichevo and Gorlovka. The largest number of shelling attacks was registered in the Shirokino community. The Oktyabrskaya coalmine, the Donetsk airport and the Volvo-Center were also shelled, the ministry said.
Meanwhile the headquarters of Kiev’s military operation in the country’s east said the militia had opened fire 30 times over the weekend.
The ceasefire between the Ukrainian conflicting sides started from midnight on February 15. The ceasefire regime is stipulated in a package of measures for the implementation of the accords signed in Minsk on February 12.
The Lugansk and Donetsk regions proclaimed the establishment of the Lugansk and Donetsk People’s Republics after local referendums in May last year. The LPR and DPR later signed an agreement on uniting the regions into the Novorossiya Union of People’s Republics.