TEHRAN, April 23. /TASS/. Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal has offered Bentley cars to Saudi pilots who participated in a bombing campaign in Yemen, Press TV reported on Thursday.
The Prince pledged to reward each of the 100 Saudi pilots with a luxury car. Late Saudi Kin Abdullah’s nephew has also congratulated "our wise leaders" with the end of military operation in Yemen.
On Tuesday, the Saudi-led coalition announced the end of a military operation "Storm of Resolve" in Yemen. Brigadier General Ahmed Asiri said "the alliance had achieved its military goals in Yemen through the campaign dubbed ‘Storm of Resolve’ and will now begin a new operation called ‘Restoring Hope’." "The mission will focus on security at home and counter-terrorism, aid and a political solution in Yemen," he added.
The World Health Organization said that at least 944 people were killed in Yemen over the last month and 3,487 more were injured. Some reports suggest the death toll could be as high as 2,900 people.
Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal is one of the richest men in the world, he owns Kingdom Holdings, a $300 million stake in Twitter, as well as stakes in Apple, Time Warner and Citigroup. His wealth is estimated at around $23 billion.