Boxing Day on Red Square sets new Guinness recordSport July 23, 8:33
Joseph Dunford says Russia most military capable country of those posing threat to USWorld July 23, 4:57
Russia’s US envoy Kislyak steps down, his deputy to act as Charg d'Affaires ad interimRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 23, 1:33
Putin greets KamAZ-Master team - winner of Silk Way RallySport July 22, 15:20
Agreements on East Ghouta zone in Syria signed - Defense MinistryWorld July 22, 14:20
PAK FA offers practically unlimited opportunities to pilot - commanderMilitary & Defense July 22, 11:29
Ukraine's National Broadcasting Board issues fine to Public Radio for 0% Urkainian songsWorld July 22, 5:39
Femen movement activists faces 5 years in jail for trying to frustrate summit meetingWorld July 22, 4:38
Russian Deputy PM dismisses allegations he will arrive in Moldova on warplaneRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 22, 2:46
MOSCOW, April 22. /TASS/. The self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) registered 32 ceasefire violations by Ukrainian troops over the past 24 hours, the republic’s defense ministry said on Wednesday.
Ukrainian troops shelled the settlements of Spartak, Zhabichevo, Shirokino, Gorlovka, Yelenovka and Nizhnelozovoye, as well as the area of the Donetsk airport, the Donetsk News Agency reported quoting the ministry.
They used "artillery cannons which under the Minsk agreements must be pulled back from the contact line," as well as mortars, tank guns, grenade launchers, small arms and anti-tank guided missiles, the news agency quoted the ministry as saying.
The ministry said there had been no losses among civilians or military of the self-proclaimed republic.
A February 12 peace deal struck in Minsk, Belarus, by leaders of Russia, Ukraine, Germany and France envisaged a ceasefire between Ukrainian forces and people’s militias starting from February 15.
This was to be followed by withdrawal of heavy weapons from the line of military engagement by at least 15 kilometres (9 miles), prisoner release and agreement for international observers to monitor the truce.
Withdrawal was due to start no later than the second day after the truce came into effect, for completion within two weeks.
Buffer zones were to be established of at least 50 kilometres (30 miles) for artillery of 100mm calibre or more, 70 kilometres for multiple rocket launch systems and 140 kilometres for the heaviest rockets and missiles.