MOSCOW, April 16. /TASS/. The night in Donetsk has passed under fire that continued in the morning, the Donetsk city administration said on Thursday.
"The night from April 15 to 16 was tense in Donetsk. The city’s residents said they heard shots. According to residents, shots were also heard in the morning," the Donetsk News Agency quoted the city administration as saying.
The Mayor’s Office said that it had not yet received any reports about damaged buildings or infrastructure. No casualties have been reported so far, the mayor’s office noted.
Restoration works continue in Donetsk. Public transport is working in routine mode.
Ceasefire is currently in force in Donbas.On February 12, negotiations in the so-called "Normandy format" were held in Minsk, Belarus, bringing together Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko. The talks lasted for around 14 hours. Simultaneously, a meeting of the Contact Group on Ukrainian settlement was held in Minsk.
As a result, agreements were signed that envisage ceasefire in Ukraine’s south-east, heavy weaponry withdrawal, prisoner exchange, local elections in Donbas and a constitutional reform in Ukraine.
The Ukrainian forces and the militia forces of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk republics have repeatedly accused each other of violating the ceasefire regime in Donbas.