LAUSANNE, April 2 /TASS/. Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Java Zarif said on Thursday that key solutions had been found at Iran’s negotiations with the "P5+1" group of international brokers.
"The solutions have been found, we can immediately get down to drafting the agreement," Zarif said.
European diplomacy chief Federica Mogherini also promised good news after the final plenary meeting. Zarif and Mogherini are expected to make a statement for the press in the next few hours. According to TASS diplomatic sources, they will note that progress made at the talks will make it possible to continue the negotiating process. It is still unclear whether the sides have managed to agree on a framework political document which was supposed to have been adopted by March 31.
According to Reuters, the negotiating parties agreed that more than a thousand centrifuges would remain operational at the nuclear facility in Fordo.
Iran’s authorities are ready to cut the uranium-enrichment program for a term of 25 years, a source taking part in the Iran-P5+1 talks on Iran’s nuclear dossier in Switzerland’s Lausanne said on Thursday.
Iran and the world powers have agreed that uranium will be enriched to 3.67% at the enrichment facility in Natanz and more than 5,000 centirfuges will be involved in the process, a source noted.