Mistura says Homs terror attacks attempt to derail Geneva talksWorld February 26, 5:49
Annular eclipse will be visible in South America, Africa on Feb 26Science & Space February 26, 3:24
HNC expects Trump to correct Obama's mistakes in Syria - delegation headWorld February 26, 3:08
War on terror to dominate Geneva talks — Syrian UN envoyWorld February 25, 23:48
Russian skier wins gold in skiathlon at 2017 FIS Nordic World Ski ChampionshipsSport February 25, 17:46
Top US Air Force general points to growing conflict potential in Syrian airspaceWorld February 25, 17:17
Iran relies on Russia’s support in production of fuel for nuclear power plantsBusiness & Economy February 25, 16:20
Ukrainian military capture Donetsk water purification plant — spokesmanWorld February 25, 15:05
Azerbaijan and Armenia report armed clashes in Karabakh conflict areaWorld February 25, 11:45
MOSCOW, March 29. /TASS/. One civilian was killed as Ukrainian troops opened fire at a civilian car near the settlement of Shirokino in eastern Ukraine, Eduard Basurin, a spokesman for the defence ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), said on Sunday.
He said that this episode had been confirmed by the Joint Center for Control and Coordination of ceasefire issues (JCCC).
According to Basurin, Kiev troops violated the ceasefire regime eight times during the day on Sunday.
The Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine comprising representatives of Ukraine, Russia and the OSCE adopted a memorandum on September 19, 2014 in Minsk. The document outlined the parameters for the implementation of commitments on ceasefire in Ukraine laid down in the Minsk Protocol of September 5, 2014. The nine-point memorandum in particular envisioned a ban on the use of all armaments and withdrawal of weapons with the calibers of over 100 millimeters to a distance of 15 kilometers from the contact line from each side. The OSCE was tasked with controlling the implementation of memorandum provisions.
Marathon talks between the Normandy Four leaders - Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko - in Minsk on February 12 yielded a package of agreements, which in particular envisaged ceasefire between the Ukrainian conflicting sides starting from midnight on February 15.
As a result, a package of measures was adopted to implement the Minsk agreements. The package of measures envisages the pullback of all heavy weapons by both parties to locations equidistant from the disengagement line in order to create a security zone at least 50 kilometers wide for artillery systems with a caliber of 100 mm or more, a zone of security 70 kilometers wide for multiple rocket launchers and a zone 140 kilometers wide for multiple rocket launchers Tornado-S, Uragan and Smerch and the tactical rocket systems Tochka-U.
The final document says that the Ukrainian troops are to be pulled back away from the current line of engagement and the militias of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions, from the engagement line set by the Minsk Memorandum of September 19, 2014.