KIEV, 10 March. /TASS/. Ukrainian commanders of the security forces that are engaged in a military operations against people’s self-defense militias in the south-eastern Donbas region, have promised to pay cash rewards by March 20 to their personnel for disabled combat equipment of the militias, spokesman for the military operation staff Vladislav Seleznev said on Tuesday. He admitted, however, that not a single payment has been made so far.
In January, at a meeting with the Ukrainian president it was decided that a reward of $500, i.e. 10 minimum monthly wages, would be paid for a destroyed vehicle of the enemy, $2,000 — for a disabled tank, $2,500 — for a disabled Grad multiple launch rocket system and $5,000 — for a warplane.
"All documents for the payment of the first bonuses for the destroyed equipment are now at the disposal of the Defense Ministry, we expect the relevant decisions — as soon as we receive the order, the money will be paid," Seleznev said on Ukraine’s 112.ua TV channel.
Meanwhile, according to the UN refugee agency’s (UNHCR) Tuesday report, the number of people internally displaced by the conflict in Ukraine has now reached the 1.1 million mark, while the total number of Ukrainians who have sought asylum, residence permits or other forms of legal stay in neighbouring countries now stands at 674,300, including 542,800 in Russia and 80,700 in Belarus.