US imposes new sanctions on Syria over suspected chemical attackWorld April 24, 21:23
Russian businessman plans to build sailplane to fly around the globe nonstop in 5 daysScience & Space April 24, 19:50
Roscosmos excludes three cosmonauts from space teamScience & Space April 24, 19:34
Russian Foreign Ministry: Terrorists in Syria may get chemical weapons from Libya, IraqRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 19:05
US not ready yet to restart arms control dialog, Russian diplomat saysRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 18:57
Court recognizes Russia’s Sports Ministry as affected party in WADA whistleblower caseSport April 24, 18:48
Elephant, giraffe and wildcats found among Muscovites’ house petsSociety & Culture April 24, 17:48
Putin calls for setting apart real anti-corruption crusaders from political show-offsRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 16:34
Moscow court turns down Jehovah’s Witnesses bid to fight Justice Ministry’s banWorld April 24, 16:08
MOSCOW, 7 March. /TASS/. The truck convoy of the Russian Emergencies Ministry has returned to Russia empty after delivering humanitarian aid to the city of Donetsk for miners of the Zasyadko mine hit by a methane blast on Wednesday, the National Crisis Management Centre told TASS on Saturday.
Earlier in the day, over 20 vehicles delivered 200 tonnes of humanitarian aid - foodstuffs and medicines.
"After the trucks had been unloaded, they headed for the Rostov region," the source at the centre said. "All the trucks went through customs and border control at the Matveyev Kurgan border checkpoint and crossed into Russia."
"The fact that the trucks have returned empty can be verified by officers of Ukraine’s customs and border guard services who were present during the procedure of inspection," he said.
The National Crisis Management Centre said that all the cargoes had been handed over to the Zasyadko mine management that would distribute them precisely to the families of miners killed or injured in the blast alongside other staff members.
"No disruptions in the aid delivery have been registered," he said.
The Emergencies Ministry urgently formed an extra convoy with humanitarian aid both for the families of miners killed in a methane blast at the Zasyadko mine and for Donetsk residents in line with the Russian president’s instruction on supplying aid precisely to the families of killed and injured miners.
On Wednesday morning a blast, supposedly caused by methane outburst, rocked the Zasyadko mine where 230 miners were underground at the moment, leaving 33 out of them dead. Another 15 injured were hospitalised.
A search and rescue operation ended on Thursday night.