MOSCOW, 4 March. /TASS/. US President Barack Obama’s administration has again issued threats announcing the extension of the old sanctions and the possibility of introducing new ones, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said on Wednesday.
"We have noticed a remarkable fact - as soon as signs of a peaceful settlement of the severe Ukrainian crisis appear, Washington, that had a hand in last year’s coup in Kiev starts to exacerbate the situation," the commentary says.
"So this time, when the ceasefire regime agreed upon in Minsk on February 12 with assistance of Russian President Vladimir Putin is being implemented, Barack Obama's administration is again issuing threats, announcing extension of the previously imposed sanctions and promising new ones - both against our country and against the [self-proclaimed republics] DPR and LPR."
"What is this if not an attempt to destroy the tenuous budding of trust between them and Ukrainian authorities, to undermine or even derail the peace process?" Lukashevich said. "The same applies to promises of massive American weapons supplies to Ukraine, indulging revanchist plans of Kiev’s "party of war."
"We would really appreciate if the United States would finally start thinking about the consequences of its decisions and actions." "Moreover, no sanctions will change Russia’s principal position," the diplomat said. "It is high time for Washington to realise it."