GENEVA, February 23. /TASS/. Representatives of six major powers and Iran will continue talks over the Islamic Republic's nuclear program in coming weeks, EU spokeswoman Catherine Ray said on Monday.
Ray told a news conference in Brussels she could not specify a date but said the talks seeking to end the 12-year-old dispute would certainly continue in coming weeks.
A source close to the talks told TASS earlier on Monday that a new round of talks between Iran and six powers — the United States, Russia, China, France, Britain and Germany — could take place towards the end of the week. Another source in a delegation in Geneva also confirmed that "a new meeting may take place by the end of the month".
The previous meeting between the six and Iran was held in Geneva on Sunday.
Simultaneously, US Secretary of State John Kerry met his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif on Sunday afternoon in a bid to revive the search for a comprehensive nuclear deal. Talks between the top diplomats continued on Monday. The meetings in Geneva were also attended by Iran’s vice president and head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, Ali Akbar Salehi, and US Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz.