Finland, Russia have no serious problems in their relations — top diplomatWorld February 27, 21:49
Brazil's joyful carnivalSociety & Culture February 27, 21:30
Syrian opposition has no dialog partner seeking peace — chief negotiatorWorld February 27, 20:37
About 40 Arctic projects may be in Russia's Yamal backbone zone — governorBusiness & Economy February 27, 19:28
Russian Defense Ministry forms special purpose division near MoscowMilitary & Defense February 27, 19:13
Russian frigate in Mediterranean to deliver no strikes on terrorists in Syria — sourceMilitary & Defense February 27, 18:54
First stage of Arkhangelsk deepwater port to go operational by 2025Business & Economy February 27, 18:45
Cairo group says military option in Syria 'ruled out' after recapture of AleppoWorld February 27, 18:31
Communication breakdown between Russia and EU deters fight against real threats — MPRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 27, 17:40
VIENNA, February 23. /TASS/. Ukraine’s police said the Sunday bomb attack in Kharkov that killed two and injured nine people was related to previous blasts in the city, the Special Monitoring Mission /SMM/ to Ukraine of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe /OSCE/ said in its spot report on Sunday.
"According to police, the device was similar to one that exploded at the Moskovsky District Courthouse in Kharkov (on January 19 - TASS)," the report said.
The SMM said the police said the device "consisted of the explosive trinitrotoluene (TNT) and shrapnel concealed in a plastic bag and was detonated remotely."
The OSCE monitors said they were monitoring a march of pro-Maidan activists when they heard a blast and "felt shockwaves from their position 100m away." Five minutes later, they arrived at the scene and "saw two dead individuals covered with Ukrainian flags and casualties being attended to."
Earlier on Sunday, an explosive device went off during a march in the east Ukrainian city of Kharkov. The blast killed two and injured nine people. A criminal case was opened on terrorism charges. Secretary of the Ukrainian National Security and Defence Council Alexander Turchinov said heightened terrorist threat regime had been imposed in Kharkov and an anti-terrorist operation had been launched following the blast. He said four suspected organizers of the blast had been detained and weapons had been seized from them, including a grenade launcher.