LUHANSK, February 20. /TASS/. The statements of Kiev on gas supplies to the self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic contradict reality, the LPR’s energy minister said on Friday.
Since the valves were shut by the Ukrainian side at 1 p.m. on February 18, "not a single cubic meter of gas has been supplied from Ukraine," Dmitry Lyamin told reporters.
Meanwhile, the minister said the Luhansk republic was in successful talks on an alternative supplier of gas from Russia’s territory.
The minister gave no further details on the supplier, adding only that it is "from Russia’s territory."
Ukraine’s emergency situations service earlier on Friday said gas supplies to five villages, home to around 12,000 consumers, partly resumed and repair works were underway after a gas pipeline had been damaged in the military operation zone.
Both Luhansk and Donetsk said on Thursday gas supplies to the self-proclaimed republics from Ukraine had fully stopped.
Ukraine’s Naftogaz energy giant earlier said this was due to "critical damages of the gas transportation infrastructure as a result of armed actions," while failing to announce the timeframe for the restoration of the pipelines.