Moscow police say 250 people take part in protest rallyWorld April 29, 16:29
Diplomat calls US’ allegations about isolation of Russia in UN 'strange'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:58
Experts say Russian hackers strongly demonized in USRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:35
Ferrari drivers clock best time in Practice Two of Russia F1 GP in SochiSport April 28, 19:54
Red Bull’s advisor Marko says Kvyat to possibly remain with Toro Rosso next yearSport April 28, 19:16
Pope Francis blesses pregnant TASS correspondent en route to EgyptWorld April 28, 18:55
Russian diplomat says use of military force against North Korean unacceptable, dangerousRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 18:45
UN chief calls for lowering risk of miscalculation concerning North Korea issueWorld April 28, 18:15
Moscow deeply regrets Montenegro’s decision to join NATORussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 18:07
GENEVA, February 17. /TASS/. At least 5,665 people were killed and 13,961 more injured in the conflict in the east of Ukraine in the period from April last year to February 15, 2015, Rupert Colville, spokesperson for the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), said at a briefing in Geneva on Tuesday.
OHCHR and the World Health Organization (WHO) expect the numbers to rise in the nearest future as obtaining data on casualties in the period preceding the ceasefire was delayed because of ongoing hostilities, Colville noted.
"We are alarmed by reports of continued shelling in Debaltsevo, but have so far not managed to get reliable information on the fighting or casualties in the area," Colville said.
"We are particularly concerned" about thousands of civilians trapped in Debaltsevo, the spokesman added.