London High Court to hear Russia’s lawsuit on Ukraine’s $3bln debt in expedited procedureBusiness & Economy March 29, 12:31
Russian Armed Forces personnel strength to exceed 1.9 mln from July 1Military & Defense March 29, 12:12
China ready to play major role in developing Arctic — vice PMBusiness & Economy March 29, 12:09
Russian deputy PM says Arctic should become eco-friendly regionBusiness & Economy March 29, 11:59
More than 500 militants in Syria’s Homs return to civilian lifeWorld March 29, 11:49
Arctic is looking forward to high oil prices, technology development — expertBusiness & Economy March 29, 10:28
Cockpit of Russia’s new spacecraft to have three touch screensScience & Space March 29, 8:36
Konchalovsky's 'Paradise' gets Best Film, Best Director at Russia's Nika movie awardSociety & Culture March 29, 7:29
US Senate votes overwhelmingly in favor of Montenegro’s accession to NATOWorld March 29, 5:24
MOSCOW, February 16. /TASS/. The self-proclaimed Donetsk people’s republic is not planning to pull back heavy weaponry until Kiev troops halt shellings, the deputy commander of the DPR’s Defense Ministry’s corps, Eduard Basurin, said on Monday.
"Under the Minsk memorandum, the armament withdrawal may take place in certain conditions, including after the full ceasefire and you see what is happening at the airport and the Armed Forces of Ukraine are again shelling the airport’s territory and the adjacent areas," Basurin said.
"The heavy weaponry withdrawal starts only after the ceasefire. And if the Armed Forces of Ukraine do not stop shellings, which come in violation of the Minsk agreements, the DPR militias will not pull back their weaponry," Basurin was quoted by the Donetsk news agency as saying.
The agency reported that earlier on Monday a group of thirty journalists at the airport witnessed shelling carried out from Kiev’s positions. Donetsk republic’s envoy to the Contact Group, Denis Pushilin, in an interview with the Russian News Service blamed the shellings on those units that are not subordinate to the Kiev authorities. Pushilin stressed that militias would not open fire first.
The leader of Ukraine's radical nationalist Right Sector organization, Dmytro Yarosh, announced last week that the group refused to recognize the Minsk agreements reached on February 12.
"Two my battalions, which are well-armed and equipped, continue the offensive near Debaltseve and have serious military results," said the leader of the group, which is banned as extremist in Russia.