Putin briefs Merkel, Hollande on steps to implement Syrian ceasefireRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 18, 20:39
Putin, Merkel, Hollande agree to give fresh impetus to Normandy Four activitiesRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 18, 20:26
Russian Eurobonds may be floated in spring 2017 — finance ministerBusiness & Economy January 18, 19:48
Russia, Turkey report 14 ceasefire breaches in Syria per dayWorld January 18, 19:17
Analyst believes removal of sanctions can be political bargaining chip with RussiaRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 18, 18:45
Arctic Forum’s task is to change perception of region as source of raw material — officialBusiness & Economy January 18, 18:28
OPEC revises Russia’s oil production outlook downward by 110,000 bpd in 2017Business & Economy January 18, 18:20
OSCE says preparations for talks on Transnistria to begin in near futureWorld January 18, 18:15
About 1,500 officials may attend Arctic ForumBusiness & Economy January 18, 17:38
DONETSK, February 3. /TASS/. Militias of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) have evacuated about 600 civilians from the zone of combat operations in the town of Uglegorsk via a humanitarian corridor, DPR’s ombudswoman Darya Morozova said on Tuesday.
"DPR militias are helping people to leave the town. As of now, about 600 people, mostly children and the elder, have been evacuated," the Novorossia press center quoted her as saying.
Evacuated people are accommodated in the settlement of Yenakiyevo, in Donetsk and in other populated localities, she said.
She noted that despite a temporary ceasefire agreement, the Ukrainian side continued to shell the town. "The Ukrainian side never stopped shelling the town to let people be evacuated," Morozova said.
Earlier on Tuesday, Petro Kanonik, Ukraine’s head of the coordinating group on ceasefire, told the Ukrainskaya Pravda that the parties had agreed to create a humanitarian corridor for residents of Uglegorsk and Debaltsevo. "We have reached an agreement on a humanitarian corridor from Uglegorsk from 09:00 a.m. till 17:00. A humanitarian corridor from Debaltsevo will be open from 14:00 till 17:00," he said.
"We officially applied for a ceasefire around Debaltsevo and are ready to evacuate civilians from the settlements of Debaltsevo, Uglegorsk, Svetlodarsk and Mironovskoye, and to secure the regime of silence there from ten in the morning till five in the afternoon," he said, adding that the ceasefire in those areas had been observed. "So far, there is no shooting in those areas," Kanonik said.