Traces of Barents Sea plankton, bacteria from Madagascar found on ISS surfaceScience & Space May 30, 7:39
North Korean media boast successful ballistic missile launchWorld May 30, 7:03
At least 10 killed as militants shell Syria’s Deir ez-Zor — SANAWorld May 30, 5:49
Over 30,000 people in three Russian regions remain without electricity after stormWorld May 30, 5:28
Putin visits Russian cultural center in ParisSociety & Culture May 30, 3:37
Search engine Yandex denies transfer of Ukrainians' personal data to Russian intelligenceWorld May 30, 0:11
At least 137 people injured in Moscow storm — sourceWorld May 30, 0:05
Ukraine's security service accuses search engine Yandex of leaking personal info to MoscowWorld May 30, 0:03
Kamaz to supply at least 1,000 trucks to Philippines by 2020Business & Economy May 29, 21:49
MOSCOW, February 2. /TASS/. Self-defense militias have curbed an attempt of Ukrainian troops to break through a defense line near the eastern Ukrainian city of Debaltsevo, the self-proclaimed Donetsk republic’s defense ministry spokesman said on Monday.
"There was an attempt of a breakthrough near Debaltsevo, which was successfully curbed," spokesman Eduard Barusin was quoted by the Donetsk news agency as saying.
Barusin said so far at least four similar attempts by major military units have been seen in the area.
On Sunday, DPR’s militias nipped an attempted breakthrough of two convoys with munitions for the Ukrainian troops trapped in Debaltsevo but let vehicles with the wounded leave the area.
Eleven civilians have been killed and more than 40 wounded in shelling of east Ukraine's self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic over the past 24 hours, Basurin said.