Syrian opposition ready for direct talks with government delegation — representativeWorld February 22, 21:56
UN Syria envoy expects no breakthrough at new round of Syria talksWorld February 22, 21:09
Russia opposes sharing responsibility for fate of Middle East refugeesRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 20:36
First woman in space Valentina Tereshkova may meet with Queen Elizabeth IIRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 20:27
Spain’s famous footballer Puyol returns to Russia next week ahead of FIFA 2017, 2018 CupsSport February 22, 20:15
Putin promotes generals to higher military ranks after Syria operationMilitary & Defense February 22, 19:56
Russia, Turkey may discuss purchase of S-400 systems at March talksMilitary & Defense February 22, 19:18
European human rights watchdog welcomes court’s ruling on Russian opposition activistWorld February 22, 18:42
Maslenitsa festival: a week of pancakes and joySociety & Culture February 22, 17:49
MOSCOW, February 1. /TASS/. At least three persons were killed and four more were wounded in Donetsk as the Ukrainian troops continue shelling of the city throughout the day, the Donetsk city authorities said on Sunday.
"As of 16:30 local time, a very tense situation is reported in the city," the mayor’s office said.
Earlier on Sunday, Denis Pushilin and Vladislav Deinega, the representatives of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics (DPR and LPR, respectively) at the Contact Group talks in Minsk, said in a joint statement that the Kiev military had intensified shelling of Donetsk from heavy weapons.
"Yesterday, the Ukrainian side laid its claims to us, but today, in response to our position and a proposal to look for a compromise, the Ukrainian military staged a massive shelling of Donetsk’s living quarters, one of the most severe ones since the beginning of the conflict. This is what we call a ‘Kiev-style ultimatum.’ In such conditions, it is a blasphemy to say we are not prepared for talks," the statement underscored.