Russian Head of General Staff Gerasimov hands award weapon to Syrian generalMilitary & Defense August 19, 9:10
German politician says Crimea should to be recognized as part of RussiaWorld August 19, 6:22
Russian Emergencies Ministry carries out over 430 humanitarian missions abroad since 1993Society & Culture August 19, 6:18
Olympic diving champion Zakharov to carry Russia’s flag at opening ceremony of UniversiadeSport August 19, 4:11
New defense attorney to be appointed in former Ukrainian president’s high treason caseWorld August 19, 4:04
Mayor says Izmir International Fair homage to memory of late Russian ambassadorWorld August 19, 3:59
Putin, Medvedev emphasize need to restore cultural facilities in CrimeaSociety & Culture August 19, 3:43
El Pais: all four suspects in Barcelona terror attack shot deadWorld August 19, 3:36
Foreign Ministry speaker Zakharova very passionate about her dollhouseRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 18, 23:01
MOSCOW, January 26. /TASS/. All workers in the Zasyadko mine that was cut off from electric power supply due to Ukrainian army’s shelling attack on the city of Donetsk in the east of Ukraine have been evacuated to the surface, head of the Kiev and Kuibyshev district councils Ivan Prikhodko told the Donetsk news agency on Monday.
“Nobody has been hurt,” he added. According to Prikhodko, the sub-station that supplies electricity to the mine is currently out of operation. “It is early to speak of the damage, as the power engineers have not started repairs yet,” he said.
According to previous reports, the Zasyadko mine was cut off from electricity supply earlier on Monday as a result of shelling of Donetsk by the Ukrainian army. A total of 496 miners were trapped underground. Spokesman for the Defense Ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Eduard Basurin said later that 110 miners were evacuated immediately.