KIEV, January 26. /TASS/. An active phase of mobilization will begin in Ukraine this week, as over 60,000 people were notified, officials said.
Defense ministry spokesperson Viktoria Kushnir said the active phase of the mobilization process will be carried out on January 28 and 30.
Reservists will be sent to training centers, she said.
“Planned work is underway in all the Ukrainian military enlistment offices to inform /those to be mobilized/, and medical commissions have begun working.”
UNIAN news agency cited the spokesperson as saying that 61,748 reservists, 71.7% of the planned number, had been informed by January 25.
Those who evade mobilization will be registered on a special list, she said.
Earlier, the chief of the General Staff’s mobilization department, Alexander Pravdivets, said evaders will be put on special lists that will be submitted to the Interior Ministry and the General Staff to take measures.
Experts said it would not be easy for the authorities to carry out mobilization, as the Ukrainian population realizes that Kiev’s military operation in the east has no sense.
A Ukrainian analyst and the founder of the Research and Branding Group company, Yevgeny Kopatko, said more and more statements were heard in the Ukrainian society about readiness to sit in prison, but not to go to fight. In the situation, the decision on mobilization will be another test for the Ukrainian authorities, he said.
Mobilization will be carried out in Ukraine in three stages and will last from January to August. During the year, the Ukrainian armed forces plan to mobilize 200,000 citizens and also draft 40,000 young people for military service.