Diplomat: Russia is ready for 'asymmetric response' to tougher US sanctionsRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 24, 13:25
Putin supports plans of OSCE armed mission in Ukraine — KremlinRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 24, 13:22
Kremlin in doubt if separation of Syria opposition from terrorists "is possible at all"Russian Politics & Diplomacy October 24, 13:18
Press review: Moscow sharing Syria intel with Turkey and Russia's defense spendingPress Review October 24, 13:00
Diplomat: Too early to say who attacked Russian Foreign Ministry’s old websiteRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 24, 12:31
Moscow says no prerequisites for Lausanne format meeting before US electionsRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 24, 12:02
Russian-made software supplies to state agencies to double in 2016 — ministerBusiness & Economy October 24, 11:24
Testing on system to shield Russian Defense Ministry from cyberattacks completedMilitary & Defense October 24, 11:18
Maria Sharapova removed from Women's Tennis RankingsSport October 24, 11:17
LUHANSK, January 23. /TASS/. By continuing shelling the territories of the self-proclaimed Luhansk and Donetsk republics, Kiev has cut off the possibilities for holding any peace talks, the head of LPR Igor Plotnitsky said on Friday.
“The settlements of Luhansk People’s Republic are subjected to the cruelest shelling. Peaceful citizens die and the towns’ infrastructure is destroyed. They use Uragan, Smerch [multiple rocket systems] and heavy artillery against us,” he said.
Plotnitsky said Kiev and personally President Petro Poroshenko bear full responsibility for the resumption of the armed actions.
“For us, it has always been a priority to preserve the lives of our citizens and protect their interests. Kiev’s actions principally differ from its statements,” Plotnitsky said.
Ukrainian presidential adviser Yuri Biryukov said earlier that the Ukrainian military received orders to open massive fire on the positions of the militias in the military operation zone in the country's east.