Lavrov comments on Syrian de-escalation zone agreementRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 24, 20:15
Iraq calls for closer cooperation with RussiaWorld July 24, 19:09
Russia develops laser-guided automatic landing system for dronesMilitary & Defense July 24, 18:22
Communist propaganda ban not aiming to dismantle Soviet WWII memorials, vows Polish envoyWorld July 24, 18:16
Situation with Siemens won’t affect Russian companies — energy ministerBusiness & Economy July 24, 18:11
Russian energy minister says oil prices may grow in 2017Business & Economy July 24, 17:31
Putin fills in Normandy Four on Russia’s approaches to key Minsk accord provisionsRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 24, 16:57
Normandy Four leaders call for ceasefire in DonbassWorld July 24, 16:29
Archstoyanie: Russia's largest land art festivalSociety & Culture July 24, 16:08
DONETSK, January 19. /TASS/. Ukraine has withdrawn from the regime of ‘silence’ unilaterally, the head of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Alexander Zakharchenko said on Monday.
“The latest heavy artillery shelling of Donetsk and adjacent areas and Gorlovka was unprecedented over the entire conflict,” the Donetsk News Agency quoted him as saying.
“As a matter of fact, the Ukrainian side once again violated the truce regime and the Minsk agreements,” he said, adding that Kiev’s attacks were killing civilians and servicemen and destroying “our homes.”
“We will not be sitting back doing nothing, just waiting to be killed. We will take retaliatory actions. We have always observed agreements we signed. We want to secure our republic. And we will defend it,” he stressed.
Ukraine’s presidential adviser Yury Biryukov said on Sunday that the Ukrainian military had been ordered to open heavy fire at the positions of militias in the zone of the military operation in southeastern Ukraine.
Later, the DPR said that the city of Donetsk had been shelled by Ukrainian troops from all types of weapons.