Russian rotocraft producer and Gazprom to modify helicopters for offshore deposit projectsBusiness & Economy May 23, 16:21
Chechen human rights ombudsman slams campaign against LGBT persecution as sponsoredRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 23, 16:03
Extension of OPEC deal aimed at aligning energy prices dynamics, Kremlin saysBusiness & Economy May 23, 15:41
Kremlin unveils Putin-Macron talks agendaRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 23, 15:16
Syrian opposition faction leader warns Geneva talks may break downWorld May 23, 15:10
Russia's top diplomat says Syria settlement requires Iran’s participationRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 23, 14:38
Four men and a dog: How Papanin’s team conquered the North PoleSociety & Culture May 23, 14:20
World Bank predicts investments in Russia’s fixed assets to surge to 2% in 2017Business & Economy May 23, 14:16
Manchester shopping mall evacuated following terror attackWorld May 23, 13:44
DONETSK, January 19. /TASS/. Negotiations of members of the Contact Group on Ukraine’s crisis settlement may be held in a videoconference regime this week, chief negotiator of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Denis Pushilin said on Monday.
“It is theoretically possible that members of the Contact Group will hold a videoconference,” the Donetsk news agency quotes Pushilin as saying.
The DPR chief negotiator at the Contact Group said nobody has contacted the self-proclaimed republic authorities to discuss anything yet. “So far we’ve heard only rumours in the media,” he said.
The previous meeting of the Contact Group was held in Minsk on December 24, 2014. The talks were attended by former Ukrainian President Leonid Kuchma, plenipotentiary envoys of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk republics - Denis Pushilin and Vladislav Deinego, OSCE envoy to Ukraine Heidi Tagliavini and Russia’s ambassador to Ukraine Mikhail Zurabov.
Pushilin also commented on the new round of mobilization in Ukraine signed into law by Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Monday. He said the law is another violation of the Minsk Memorandum.
“The mobilization of citizens into the Ukrainian armed forces that has practically got under way is another violation by Poroshenko of the provisions of the Minsk Memorandum,” the Donetsk news agency quoted Pushilin as saying.
According to Pushilin, the Kiev authorities’ actions are violating a Minsk Memorandum’s point that forbids the sides to escalate the Donbas conflict.
“Poroshenko’s decree is contradicting a point on reduction of military activities on the contact line. A new round of mobilization will, on the contrary, increase the activities of the Ukrainian military,” Pushilin said.
On January 8, Ukraine’s Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak said that about 104,000 people could be mobilized into the Ukrainian army if necessary in 2015. Vladimir Talalai, a spokesperson for the Ukrainian Army General Staff, said that women aged 25-50 could also be drafted into the army if necessary.