Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Donetsk republic calls for OSCE’s more active work in Donbas

January 19, 2015, 10:00 UTC+3 DONETSK
DPR's negotiator Pushilin also praised the latest OSCE report on the tragedy near the city of Volnovakha, near Donetsk, where 13 passengers were killed as a civilian bus was destroyed by a shell
1 pages in this article
© TASS/EPA/SERGEY DOLZHENKO

DONETSK, January 19. /TASS/. The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) should have a more important role in Donbas, the chief negotiator of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic at the Contact Group talks said on Monday.

“We want the OSCE to work more actively and massively and also to visit the scenes and assess the situation on a broader scale on the destructions and the deaths,” Pushilin was quoted by the official Donetsk news agency as saying.

Pushilin also praised the latest OSCE report on the tragedy near the city of Volnovakha, near Donetsk, where 13 passengers were killed as a civilian bus was destroyed by a shell.

The negotiator said the OSCE has shifted towards “an unbiased and adequate assessment into the recent events.”

In its report, published on Saturday, the OSCE disproves allegations by Kiev and Washington that militias of the self-proclaimed republics are guilty in the bus tragedy, Russia’s envoy to the OSCE Andrey Kelin said.

The observers found that the fire had been opened with the Grad multiple launch rocket system but from a northern direction. It disproves the hypothesis voiced by Kiev and backed up in Washington that the militias shelled the bus from an eastern direction,” Kelin said.

“The direction is different and it arouses lots of questions if these were militias or not and casts doubts on who is responsible for the tragedy with the bus,” he said.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама