MOSCOW, January 18. /TASS/. Resumed combat operations in the Donetsk region hamper the conflict settlement, Russian president’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov said on Sunday.
“Naturally, the Russian side will express its position which is obviously a grave concern over the resumption of large-scale operations in Donetsk, over shelling of residential quarters of the city and other settlements,” he told the Govorit Moskva radio station. “Evidently, such situation in no way promotes the implementation of the Minsk agreements and further searches for ways to settle the conflict.”
Earlier on Sunday, head of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Alexander Zakharchenko said that living quarters of Donetsk and Luhansk were heavily shelled from large-calibre Grad and Uragan multiple launch rocket systems.
Ukraine’s National Security and Defence Council confirmed the launch of a large-scale operation at the Donetsk airport.