Three Russian fans stabbed after football match in BelgradeSport March 26, 3:28
Russia ready to take part in restoring oil production in Syria - energy ministerBusiness & Economy March 26, 3:27
Moscow disappointed over new US sanctions against Russian companies - Foreign MinistryRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 26, 1:28
US sanctions 8 Russian companies over non-proliferation lawWorld March 25, 21:53
Russia's Defense Ministry says US-led coalition unlikely to launch battle for Raqqa soonRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 19:06
Russia cuts oil production by 185,000 barrels per day as of today — energy ministerBusiness & Economy March 25, 18:30
OPEC has no objections to speed of Russia's oil production cutsBusiness & Economy March 25, 12:38
Opposition leader Vladimir Neklyayev detained in Belarus - news agency directorWorld March 25, 5:33
Russia submits amicus curiae brief to US Supreme CourtRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 3:34
PYONGYANG, January 13. /TASS/. North Korea will continue pursuing its “military first” policy known as songun regardless of changes in the international situation or the structure of relations with neighboring states, the Rodong Sinmun newspaper reported on Tuesday.
The official newspaper of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea said Pyongyang “will surely gain victory in the confrontation with the United States”.
The report says Pyongyang took measures to “strengthen the military potential of containment in the self-defense interests after Washington “attempted to isolate North Korea and stifle the country’s economy last year.”
According to the article, North Korea will continue strengthening nuclear deterrence forces "to thwart all the attempts of the enemy to overthrow the social system in the country”.
The article was published after the US rejected Pyongyang’s offer last week to halt its nuclear test should Seoul and Washington temporarily shelve their plan for joint military exercises this year.
US State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said on Saturday Pyongyang was "inappropriately" linking routine military drills between Washington and Seoul to the possibility of a nuclear test.
"A new nuclear test would be a clear violation of North Korea's obligations under multiple UN Security Council resolutions," Psaki said, adding that Pyongyang’s offer is an “implicit threat.”
Pyongyang said last week that the US should revise its hostile policy against North Korea to avert the threat of war, decrease tensions and create a favorable environment on the Korean Peninsula.
North Korea also expressed readiness to take part in bilateral talks at any time if the US showed its wish to discuss the offer.