Moscow mayor says Monday's hurricane in Moscow 'unprecedented'World May 29, 20:56
Macron lashes out at Russian news agency Sputnik, RT channel over campaign coverageWorld May 29, 20:11
Macron says no international problem can be solved without RussiaWorld May 29, 19:51
Putin: Russian and French fundamental interests come firstRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 29, 19:34
Hollywood director highlights his esteem for Russia’s presidentSociety & Culture May 29, 19:18
Death toll following Moscow thunderstorms rises to 11World May 29, 19:02
Putin-Macron first meeting round-upWorld May 29, 19:00
Expert predicts tensions between China and US will escalateWorld May 29, 18:22
Raging thunderstorm strikes Moscow leaving seven dead, 69 injured — sourceWorld May 29, 18:01
DONETSK, January 8. /TASS/. Ukraine’s forthcoming wave of mobilization is a provocation against civilians, the deputy defence minister of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, Eduard Basurin, said on Thursday.
Earlier, Ukrainian Defence Minister Stepan Poltorak declared that Ukraine might mobilize up to 104,000 men this year.
“This is fresh confirmation of their (Kiev’s) vision of the solution of problems in Donbass. I believe it is another provocation by Ukraine in order to stir the civilian population of the Donetsk Republic,” the Donetsk news agency quotes Basurin as saying.
He is certain that although Ukraine will be able to draft up to 100,000 men into the army, “they will be people not very good for war unable to pose any threat to the Donetsk Republic.”
“True, drafting this amount is realistic. After all Ukraine still has a population of 35 million, but the question is whether these people will match the expected requirements. Those who have already been fighting here for sometime will do their utmost to never return, even for money. They had been fraudulently brought to Donbass.”.