Turkish authorities impose media ban on coverage of Istanbul explosionWorld December 11, 3:01
Erdogan says Istanbul terrorist attack causes fatalitiesWorld December 11, 2:52
Istanbul explosions leave 15 dead, 69 wounded — TV channelWorld December 11, 2:38
Three settlements in Syria join cessation of hostilities — Russia’s Defense MinistryWorld December 11, 2:34
TV: Islamic State re-enters ancient city of PalmyraWorld December 10, 21:20
Saudi minister says Russia led consultations process with OPECBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:41
UK foreign secretary says protection of civilians should be 'top priority' in SyriaWorld December 10, 20:31
Non-OPEC states join historic oil cut dealBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:23
Russian diplomat urges Western reporters to be unbiased in war news coverageRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 10, 20:08
PARIS, January 8 /TASS/. The youngest of the three gunmen suspected of attacking the office of the Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine on January 7 has surrendered to police, France Presse reported referring to its own sources.
He could be Hamid Murad born 1996.
No information has been received on the other two attackers so far.
Three unknown gunmen attacked the office of the Paris-based Charlie Hebdo satirical weekly paper that had outraged Muslims by printing caricatures of Prophet Muhammad on Wednesday morning. According to the latest reports, 12 people were killed. They include ten journalists and two policemen who guarded the editorial office’s building.
The January 7th attack has become the most high-profile terrorist act in France over the past 50 years. A three-day national mourning has been announced in the country.
French President Francois Hollande is to hold an emergency meeting with the heads of the key security and police agencies at the Elysee Palace on Thursday.