Boxing Day on Red Square sets new Guinness recordSport July 23, 8:33
Joseph Dunford says Russia most military capable country of those posing threat to USWorld July 23, 4:57
Russia’s US envoy Kislyak steps down, his deputy to act as Charg d'Affaires ad interimRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 23, 1:33
Putin greets KamAZ-Master team - winner of Silk Way RallySport July 22, 15:20
Agreements on East Ghouta zone in Syria signed - Defense MinistryWorld July 22, 14:20
PAK FA offers practically unlimited opportunities to pilot - commanderMilitary & Defense July 22, 11:29
Ukraine's National Broadcasting Board issues fine to Public Radio for 0% Urkainian songsWorld July 22, 5:39
Femen movement activists faces 5 years in jail for trying to frustrate summit meetingWorld July 22, 4:38
Russian Deputy PM dismisses allegations he will arrive in Moldova on warplaneRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 22, 2:46
UNITED NATIONS, January 6. /TASS/. The UN seeks to resume a conciliatory dialogue in Libya, UN spokesperson Stephane Durjarric said on Tuesday.
At present, the UN is discussing a safe place for holding talks, he said.
The UN Mission continues consultations with different parties and calls for agreeing on the place and the date of the second round of dialogue, Dujarric said.
He said the U.N. is urging the rival governments to agree on the timing and a venue “that complies with the necessary security requirements”.
The first conciliatory meeting with the participation of Libyan parliamentarians, Islamists and tribes was held under the control of the UN Support Mission in Libya in September.
Dujarric said many events, which did not facilitate the new round of dialogue, had been held.
Initially, it was scheduled that the dialogue would take place in December. Then it was postponed until January, he said.
International concern has been mounting over Libya, which is mired in its worst fighting since Western and Gulf-backed rebels overthrew dictator Moammar Gadhafi and killed him in 2011.
On January 4, jets of Libyan Air Force bombed a Greek-operated oil tanker, killing two crew members.
The UN spokesperson declined to comment on the incident. Dujarric said he had no exact information in this aspect.
At the same time, he said such incidents reveal serious problems in the field of security and underscores the need to stop violence and launch a dialogue.