Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

North Korea says no ‘physical reaction’ to controversial Interview movie

December 25, 2014, 9:55 UTC+3 UNITED NATIONS
Last week, Sony Pictures Entertainment cancelled the premiere after several cinema chains refused to screen the film amid threats from hacker group the Guardians of Peace
1 pages in this article
© EPA/JUSTIN LANE

THE UNITED NATIONS, December 25. /TASS/. Pyongyang promises no “physical reaction” but only a verbal condemnation to the release in the US of The Interview, a comedy film about a CIA plot to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, a North Korean diplomat said.

Sony Pictures Entertainment released the movie on Wednesday. Last week, the company cancelled the premiere after several cinema chains refused to screen the film amid threats from hacker group the Guardians of Peace.

The group, which the FBI believes has ties to North Korea, hacked the computer systems of parent company Sony Pictures Entertainment in November. Pyongyang denied its involvement in the hacking.

North Korea’s Foreign Ministry earlier promised counter-measures if Washington backed the release of the film which it said would become a clear manifestation of terrorism and military action aimed at overthrowing the country’s government.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама