UN mission in Ukraine has no powers to assess situation in Crimea, diplomats noteWorld September 25, 21:11
Gentlefan continues: Manchester United fans to get raincoats ahead of encounter with CSKASport September 25, 20:30
US-led coalition denies charges of US units leading Syrian 'opposition' through IS linesWorld September 25, 18:49
Supplies of S-400 systems to Turkey may begin within two yearsMilitary & Defense September 25, 18:14
Ukraine involved in illegal arms deliveries to South Sudan — Amnesty InternationalWorld September 25, 18:01
Russian general's death in Syria result of US double-dealing in war on terror — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 25, 17:42
Russia's top diplomat says conditions in Syria ripe for defeating terroristsRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 25, 17:07
Russian envoy notes US actions in Syria as Washington's true colors on anti-terror policyRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 25, 17:00
Economy minister believes new technologies will drive Russia’s economyBusiness & Economy September 25, 16:50
LUHANSK, December 11. /TASS/. The head of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR), Igor Plotnitsky, on Thursday confirmed that both sides of the conflict observe the regime of silence enforced on December 9.
“The regime of silence holds. I’m asking all the agencies, let’s use this time to fully restore gas, electricity and water supplies to the areas where we were unable to do that during the shelling,” the LPR’s official news agency quoted Plotnitsky as saying.
Plotnitsky also said “no one knows how long this will last.” “Let’s close the problem areas as best as we can,” the leader told the Luhansk Information Center.
The day of silence in eastern Ukraine began at 09:00 a.m. local time (0700 GMT) on Tuesday.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko announced plans to introduce a moratorium on combat actions on December 4. This proposal was welcomed by the leadership of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics.
The head of the Donetsk republic, Alexander Zakharchenko, said the ceasefire had been declared as far back as September 5 at a meeting of the Contact Group for Ukraine in the Belarusian capital Minsk but was violated by the Ukrainian Army.