Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Search for South Korean trawler’s crew to resume on Tuesday

December 08, 2014, 13:37 UTC+3 SEOUL
Rescuers suspended the search effort on Sunday due to unfavorable weather conditions
1 pages in this article
© EPA/IAN LANGSDON/Archive

SEOUL, December 8. /TASS/. The search for the fishermen of the South Korean trawler Oryong-501 that sank last week in the Bering Sea off the coast of Chukotka, in Russia's Far East, is due to resume on Tuesday, a spokesman for the trawler owner has said.

“Now the search effort for the missing crew members is hampered by the strong wind and waves. However, we hope that it will resume on Tuesday night, when the weather conditions are forecast to improve,” a spokesman for Sajo Industries company said.

Rescuers suspended the search effort on Sunday due to unfavorable weather conditions.

The trawler, with 60 people on board, sank on December 1 after stormy weather had caused seawater to flood its storage areas. Seven crew members have been rescued, including one Russian inspector, five Indonesians and one Filipino. A total of 27 people have been confirmed as dead, and another 26 people are still missing.

Twelve vessels from Russia and South Korea are involved in the search operation. Two P-3C Orion patrol aircraft of South Korea’s Navy were expected to join the effort later on day.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама