Kantemir Balagov’s "Closeness" gets Cannes Festival’s International Critics’ PrizeSociety & Culture May 28, 1:03
Anti-church laws in Ukraine may cause religious strife — Ukrainian Orthodox ChurchWorld May 28, 0:22
Russia’s national football team absolutely clear of doping — doctorSport May 28, 0:14
Russian cyclist Zakarin finishes second in Giro d’Italia Stage 20Sport May 27, 22:27
Putin, Erdogan agree to develop coordination of efforts for settlement in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 27, 19:29
Putin, Rouhani stress importance of joint efforts in settlement of Syrian conflictRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 27, 14:32
Federatsiya spacecraft’s first flight may be rescheduled to 2022 - sourceScience & Space May 27, 14:29
Zbigniew Brzezinski dies at age of 89World May 27, 6:57
More than two-thirds of Russians say would like to venerate St Nicholas’s relicsSociety & Culture May 27, 6:40
THE HAGUE, November 28. /TASS/. The fragments of the Malaysian Boeing MH17 that were left behind in Ukraine present no interest for investigation into the air crash, a spokeswoman for the Dutch Security Council, Sarah Vernoy, told TASS on Thursday evening.
Vernoy said that work for collecting the wreckage of the Boeing had been completed at the site.
“We had a list of the jet fragments which we wanted to collect and we have collected them,” she said.
Now the fragments are in the city of Kharkov readied to be transported to the Netherlands for reconstructing a part of the plane as specialists believe it will help in solving the tragedy.
As for the remaining fragments at the wreckage site, Vernoy said they were of no interest for the investigation and so they would not be transported to the Netherlands and would be left behind in Ukraine as they are not material evidence.
Earlier, the Dutch Security Council said that local agencies would be charged with removing remaining fragments from the crash site.
When asked whether any other Dutch agencies, prosecutors for instance, showed any interest in jet fragments left behind in Ukraine, Vernoy replied that she could not speak for those organisations and the questions should be addressed directly to them.
A spokesman for the Dutch National Prosecutor’s Office, Wim de Bruin, told TASS that “there is interest in examining fragments that will be delivered to the Netherlands.”
However, de Bruin ducked questions on the plane fragments left in Ukraine and possible intentions of the Prosecutor’s Office to dispatch investigators to the crash site.
The Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777, flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, crashed in war-torn eastern Ukraine’s Donetsk region on July 17, killing all 298 on board. As many as 196 making the majority of passengers were Dutch citizens.
The work on removing wreckage of the airplane became possible after representatives of the Netherlands, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe /OSCE/ and the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic /DPR/ signed a relevant protocol on Saturday, November 15. Before that, the Dutch side refused to sign the document claiming it did not support some of the provisions in it. Besides, experts and investigators were unable to access the crash site due to continuous shelling on the territory.