War on terror to dominate Geneva talks — Syrian UN envoyWorld February 25, 23:48
Russian skier wins gold in skiathlon at 2017 FIS Nordic World Ski ChampionshipsSport February 25, 17:46
Top US Air Force general points to growing conflict potential in Syrian airspaceWorld February 25, 17:17
Iran relies on Russia’s support in production of fuel for nuclear power plantsBusiness & Economy February 25, 16:20
Ukrainian military capture Donetsk water purification plant — spokesmanWorld February 25, 15:05
Azerbaijan and Armenia report armed clashes in Karabakh conflict areaWorld February 25, 11:45
Head of Russian delegation to OSCE PA says Ukraine not ready for dialogueRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 25, 5:02
Russian baritone Hvorostovsky cancels concerts due to continuing treatmentSociety & Culture February 25, 3:22
Russian prime minister declares 3rd Winter World Military Games openMilitary & Defense February 24, 22:33
KIEV, November 5. /TASS/. The ceasefire regime “is still in effect” in Ukraine, spokesman for the Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council Andrey Lysenko told reporters on Wednesday
“The documents, worked out in Minsk on September 5 and 19 are still in effect,” he said. “The ceasefire regime is still in effect.”
Meanwhile, Ukrainian military on Monday evening shelled the self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR) in violation of all the agreements specified in the Minsk memorandum. They shelled using the Grad and Uragan rocket systems the towns of Kirovsk, Frunze and Stakhanov in LPR, commander of the LPR people’s militia Oleg Bugrov told TASS.
According to him, more than 20 civilians were killed in the shelling. “The Ukrainian side has been constantly violating the ceasefire regime,” Bugrov said.
According to the UN, more than 4,000 people have been killed and hundreds of thousands have fled Ukraine’s war-torn southeast as a result of clashes between Ukrainian troops and local militias in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions during Kiev’s military operation, conducted since mid-April, to regain control over the breakaway territories.
Earlier on Wednesday the newly elected authorities of self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics announced that they are ready to revise the Minsk agreements.
“Kiev’s move to cancel the law on Donbass special status is dealing a serious blow to the Minsk negotiations process,” the joint statement released by the press services of both republics says.
“Instead of developing it and adopting it in a new version, agreed during the Minsk consultations, Poroshenko simply cancels it and proposes a new one instead which has not been agreed by the representatives of Donbass and which no one has seen.”
Both republics state that their governments cannot act based on the document which lacks “important points” and insist on its revision.
“We are ready to work on the new version of the protocol,” the statement says.