Passenger plane crashes in Cuba, 39 people might be aboard - TVWorld April 29, 22:49
US anti-missile systems in Eastern Europe violate INF Treaty - Russian foreign ministryRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 29, 20:35
Moscow police say 250 people take part in protest rallyWorld April 29, 16:29
Abe plans to continue dialogue with Putin to solve global issuesWorld April 29, 14:50
Moscow is ready to cooperate with Washington on Syria — LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 29, 12:24
Diplomat calls US’ allegations about isolation of Russia in UN 'strange'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:58
Experts say Russian hackers strongly demonized in USRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:35
Ferrari drivers clock best time in Practice Two of Russia F1 GP in SochiSport April 28, 19:54
Red Bull’s advisor Marko says Kvyat to possibly remain with Toro Rosso next yearSport April 28, 19:16
OTTAWA, October 27. /TASS/. Canadian citizen Michael Zehaf-Bibeau recorded a video message before killing a soldier on ceremonial guard duty in the Ottawa downtown and the following attack on the Parliament building, Ottawa police reported.
“Zehaf-Bibeau prepared a video message before the attack. It is being thoroughly examined by experts now," the statement said. It notes that the police has “irrefutable evidence of the fact that the attack had been launched due to ideological and political motives." Other information has not been released by the police yet.
Last Wednesday, an armed man with a rifle, 32-year-old Canadian citizen Michael Zehaf-Bibeau opened fire at the National War Memorial on the soldiers who were carrying out ceremonial guard duty.
One of them — 24-year-old Corporal Nathan Cirillo — was fatally shot.
After that, the gunman managed to enter the building of National Parliament, where he was shot dead in a gunfight with the police.
According to Canadian police representatives, Michael Zehaf-Bibeau intended to go to Syria and asked for issuing him a passport for this purpose.