Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Seoul expects high-level talks with North Korea to resume this month

October 20, 2014, 10:12 UTC+3 SEOUL
South Korea calls to resume talks as situation on the border escalates over the weekend, with shots fired from both sides
1 pages in this article
© © EPA/JEON HEON-KYUN

SEOUL, October 20. /TASS/. Seoul hopes a second round of high-level inter-Korean talks will start at the end of the month despite growing tensions in relations between South Korea and North Korea in the recent days, South Korean Unification Ministry spokesman Lim Byeong-cheol said on Monday.

North Korea has not responded to Seoul’s offer to hold talks at the deputy ministerial level on October 30, he said.

The spokesman said earlier, the two Koreas had already agreed on holding talks in late October - early November.

Ministry’s statement “reflects the Park Geun-hye administration’s resolve to press ahead with dialogue with the communist neighbor in spite of its continued provocative acts,” the Yonhap news agency writes.

“The North’s troops repeatedly approached the border over the weekend, triggering warning shots from the South and exchanges of gunfire,” it said.

According to another ministry official, it would be desirable to get Pyongyang’s response within this week, as preparations for the talks will take some time.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама