Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Ukraine authorities promise taxing powers to local self-government bodies

October 14, 2014, 16:06 UTC+3 KIEV
Ukraine’s self-government bodies will get 60% of taxes and the remaining 40% will be shared between the regional budget and state budget
1 pages in this article

KIEV, October 14. /TASS/. Ukraine’s authorities have defined the essence of the state decentralization policy: granting large powers to the local self-government bodies, Ukrainian First Deputy Prime Minister Oleksandr Sych said on 112 Ukraine TV on Tuesday.

According to Sych, as a result of decentralization, Ukraine’s self-government bodies will get 60% of taxes and the remaining 40% will be shared between the regional budget and state budget.

“As a matter of fact, the point of these innovations is leaving a major portion of taxes at the local level,” the official said. He added that the powers to impose local taxes will be granted to the self-government bodies.

Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman said on Monday that if the Verkhovna Rada (Ukraine’s parliament) votes for the corresponding laws, the country’s power decentralization process would begin from January 1. Otherwise, the next parliament, the members of which are to be elected on October 26, will have to handle this matter.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама