Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

OSCE should supervise probe of reports on mass graves near Donetsk — PACE

October 03, 2014, 14:33 UTC+3
On Friday, a UN human rights report is expected to address the issue of mass burial sites near Donetsk
1 pages in this article
The site of mass graves near the Ukrainian city of Donetsk

The site of mass graves near the Ukrainian city of Donetsk

© ITAR-TASS/Aleksei Slavniy

STRASBOURG, October 3. /TASS/. The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) should supervise a probe of reports about mass graves found near the Ukrainian troubled city of Donetsk, President of the Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly (PACE) Anne Brasseur said on Friday.

On Friday, a UN human rights report is expected to address the issue of mass burial sites near Donetsk. This will be observers' regular report on the human rights situation in Ukraine.

Mass graves in eastern Ukraine

On September 23, reports came that Ukrainian people’s militia found mass burials in the area of mine No 22 “Kommunar” outside Donetsk in eastern Ukraine. Medical examiners made a conclusion that the bodies found in one of the graves were killed by point-blank shots in the head.

This area was previously controlled by the Ukrainian security forces and fighters of the Aidar battalion of the National Guard.

Prime minister of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic said in late September that around 40 bodies of civilians were found in one of the graves. Two others graves contained bodies of captured militia fighters and Ukrainian soldiers.

Russia’s Foreign Ministry believes the mass burial of civilians near Donetsk is a military crime that could have been committed by Ukraine’s National Guard, and insists on an urgent and comprehensive international probe into the case. Kiev has rejected the claims.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама