Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

UN report on burial sites near Donetsk to be released Friday — UN spokesperson

October 02, 2014, 21:01 UTC+3
This will be observers' regular report on the human rights situation in Ukraine
1 pages in this article
The site of mass burial in eastern Ukraine

The site of mass burial in eastern Ukraine

© АР/Darko Vojinovic

UNITED NATIONS, October 2. /TASS/. A new U.N. human rights report will address the issue of mass burial sites near Donetsk, UN Spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said on Thursday.

The report will be released in Geneva on Friday, October 3, Dujarric said.

This will be observers' regular report on the human rights situation in Ukraine, he said.

According to earlier reports, the 6th monthly report on human rights in Ukraine will be presented in Geneva and in Kiev on October 3. The report will cover the period from August 18 to September 16, 2014.

On September 30, Russia drew the attention of UN Security Council to the mass grave found near Donetsk on September 23.

Mass graves in eastern Ukraine

On September 23, reports came that Ukrainian people’s militia found mass burials in the area of mine No 22 “Kommunar” outside Donetsk in eastern Ukraine. Medical examiners made a conclusion that the bodies found in one of the graves were killed by point-blank shots in the head.

This area was previously controlled by the Ukrainian security forces and fighters of the Aidar battalion of the National Guard. Militias say they found other graves that have not been opened up.

Russia’s Foreign Ministry believes the mass burial of civilians near Donetsk is a military crime that could have been committed by Ukraine’s National Guard, and insists on an urgent and comprehensive international probe into the case. Kiev has rejected the claims.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама