Russia to push ahead with assistance to Syrian army in fighting terroristsRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 11:52
Russia’s cargo spacecraft Progress MS-05 sets course towards ISSScience & Space February 22, 11:32
Poll shows surge in Putin’s favorable ratings among AmericansWorld February 22, 11:28
Diplomat warns attempts to cheat during intra-Syrian talks may affect political processRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 11:10
World’s governing anti-doping body seeks Russia’s membership reinstatement — WADA chiefSport February 22, 11:03
Ukraine's former president says he never asked Russia to send troops to Ukraine in 2014World February 22, 10:33
Ousted Ukrainian leader Yanukovich proposes holding referendum on Donbass statusWorld February 22, 10:14
Iran plans to buy 12 Superjet-100 Russian aircraft in near future — ministerBusiness & Economy February 22, 8:24
Kiev proposes removing Russia’s veto power in UN Security CouncilWorld February 22, 2:31
“All cases of mass graves must and will be thoroughly investigated as soon as we receive unhampered access to the sites where they have been found,” Perebeinos said.
Ukraine “is ready to cooperate with our partners, including with the OSCE”, he added.
At the same time, Perebeinos described Ukrainian servicemen’s involvement in mass graves as “unfounded provocation”.
On September 23, reports came that Ukrainian people’s militia found mass burials in the area of mine No 22 “Kommunar” outside Donetsk in eastern Ukraine. Medical examiners made a conclusion that the bodies found in one of the graves were killed by point-blank shots in the head.
This area was previously controlled by the Ukrainian security forces and fighters of the Aidar battalion of the National Guard. The whole area will be examined. The militias say they found other graves that have not been opened up.
Russia’s Foreign Ministry believes the mass burial of civilians near Donetsk is a military crime that could have been committed by Ukraine’s National Guard, and insists on an urgent and comprehensive international probe into the case. Kiev has rejected the claims.
Russia’s Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said the Investigation Committee planned to launch an inquiry into the discovered mass burial of civilians near Donetsk as part of the criminal case into the war in southeastern Ukraine.
“The reports of killings of people, whose bodies were found in a mass burial near Donetsk, are to be verified by the Main Investigative Directorate of the Investigative Committee in the framework of the investigation of the criminal case into the use of banned means and methods of warfare against civilians in south-eastern Ukraine,” Markin said.