MOSCOW, September 27. /ITAR-TASS/. Self-defence of the proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic and Ukrainian military negotiate a 50-for-50 exchange of the prisoners of war, the Republic’s committee on prisoners of war told ITAR-TASS on Saturday.
“The due date is being discussed now,” the committee said.
The exchange of prisoners of war was suspended on September 26. The Donetsk Republic’s Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Purgin said the exchange was impossible as “the Ukrainian side has not presented lists.”
On Saturday morning, the Donetsk Republic’s Prime Minister Alexander Zakharchenko said in an interview with the Russian News Service radio “resuming the exchange of prisoners of war will be a key item on agenda of another round of [peace] talks in Minsk.”
The prime minister said at the upcoming round the republic will be represented by Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Purgin.
An exact timing is not announced yet, the prime minister said. “I believe we shall learn everything by next weekend.”
The exchange of prisoners of war is a key aspect of the agreements reached by the contact group on Ukraine in Minsk on September 5. Since then, the sides organised four exchanges: 37 for 37, 70 for 70, 38 for 38 and 28 for 28.