Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Moscow to press for open investigation of graves near Donetsk

September 27, 2014, 2:59 UTC+3 UNITED NATIONS
Because the relatives of the victims must know the truth, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told
1 pages in this article
© AP Photo/John Minchillo

UNITED NATIONS, September 27. /ITAR-TASS/. Moscow will be pressing for an open investigation of the anonymous graves discovered near Donetsk, because the relatives of the victims must know the truth, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told a news conference on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly session in New York.

“True, we discussed that with the secretaries-general of the UN and the OSCE and the president of the OSCE,” he said. “Members of the OSCE mission have visited some of the graves. They have instructions from the OSCE leadership to take the investigation to be held into account in their reports.”

He remarked that the latest report by the mission did mention the existence of such graves.

“The first signs confirm that those people had been shot at a point-blank range,” Lavrov said. “We find this rather alarming. We cannot accuse anybody, we shall be pressing for an open investigation. This theme should not end up on the list of the tragedies whose culprits are allowed to go unpunished.” He mentioned the “snipers’ case,” the violence in Odessa and Mariupol and the Boeing liner disaster.

“Investigations into all these cases have been declared,” he said.

“It is a very serious thing for us, not because we wish to say ‘Take a look at the bad Ukrainian siloviki!’ The situation must be investigated and justice must triumph. The relatives must know the truth. Otherwise there will be no settlement,” Lavrov said.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама