Sports arbitration court strips Russian boxer of 2016 Olympic silverSport December 08, 22:48
Russia, US military experts, diplomats to discuss Aleppo in Geneva on Dec. 10 - LavrovWorld December 08, 22:41
Lavrov says US voiced regret over shelling of hospital in Aleppo but somewhat hazilyRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 08, 21:48
Budget revenues from Rosneft privatization to be $11.1 bln — ministerBusiness & Economy December 08, 21:18
Lavrov, Kerry discuss militants’ withdrawal from Aleppo — Russian foreign ministryRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 08, 21:00
Lavrov: Combat actions in Aleppo suspended to take civilians out of cityRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 08, 20:56
Bach says WADA to play part in deciding on 2021 IBU World Championship in RussiaSport December 08, 20:44
Gazprom signs contract for construction of Turkish Stream’s first line with AllseasBusiness & Economy December 08, 20:03
Russian Energy Ministry confirms non-OPEC countries meeting date as December 10 in ViennaBusiness & Economy December 08, 19:59
Novorossiya news agency of the self-proclaimed people’s republics of Donetsk and Luhansk (LPR) reported that the militias handed new lists of prisoners to the Ukrainian side.
“We have handed lists of prisoners with 500 surnames of DPR supporters and the Ukrainian list includes 95 names,” Purgin told reporters.
Kiev presenting one side and the republics of DPR and LPR presenting the other expected to swap up to 1,500 prisoners, he said.
Earlier on Friday, head of the DPR committee for refugees and POWs, Darya Morozova, said that “nearly a thousand Ukrainian POWs” remained in hands of the militias.
In the early hours of Friday, at about 04.00 a.m. a transfer of prisoners took place on the outskirts of Donetsk, about 60 kilometres south to the city.
“The Ukrainian side got 36 prisoners but handed to us only 31 people,” she said adding that “today [on Friday] we hope to receive another five men as the prisoners are exchanged along with the ‘one-for-one’ formula.”
It stipulates the ending of active offensive operations on both sides in the Donetsk and Luhansk areas, withdrawal of Ukrainian armed units to a distance that would make the shelling of populated localities impossible, a full and objective international monitoring of the ceasefire, ruling out of the use of military aircraft against civilians and populated areas, exchanges of the individuals detained by force on an “all for all” basis, opening of corridors for refugees and for deliveries of humanitarian aid, and the setting up of conditions for repair works in the population centers affected by combat actions.
On September 5 the trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine (Russia, Ukraine and the OSCE) and representatives of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People’s republics (DPR and LPR) reached an agreement in Minsk on ceasefire in Ukraine’s embattled southeast, troops withdrawal, exchange of prisoners and provision of humanitarian aid.