Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Kiev, Novorossia agree to exchange 30 captives each

September 08, 2014, 18:07 UTC+3 DONETSK
During the meeting of the Contact Group on a settlement of the situation in Ukraine in Minsk on September 5 a peace plant was fixed and a ceasefire accord was reached
1 pages in this article
© EPA/SERGEI ILNITSKY

DONETSK, September 08. /ITAR-TASS/. During a video conference, arranged Monday by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), with the participation of representatives of Kiev and the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics (DNR and LNR,respectively, the sides agreed so far to exchange 30 captives each, Andrei Purgin, First Vice-Premier of the DNR, told ITAR-TASS.

"The exchange will be 30 by 30. Later on, we shall be working on (to decide the issue)," he said.

These matters, the DNR official believes, will be tackled during subsequent video conferences, of which there will be many. The nearest one, according to Purgin, will be held Monday, at 21:00 (22:00, Moscow time).

The video conference on an exchange of captives with the participation of the OSCE, Kiev, DNR and LNR was held at 15:00, Moscow time, on Monday.

During the meeting of the Contact Group on a settlement of the situation in Ukraine in Minsk on September 5, which was attended by representatives of Kiev, regions of Ukraine's south-east, the OSCE, and Russia, a peace plant was fixed and a ceasefire accord was reached.

A plan for resolving the crisis in Ukraine was suggeted on September 3 by Russian President Vladimir Putin. He suggested a cessation of the offensive by all armed formations in Ukraine's south-east, a pullout of all security organizations to a safe distance from populated areas, an international monitoring of ceasefire, renunciation of the use of military aviation against civilians, an exchange of captitves according to the "all for all" scheme, as well as the opening of humanitarian corridors, and dispatch of repair teams to the region to restore the infrastructure.

Aid delivery

Ukrainian authorities and representatives of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics on Monday agreed humanitarian aid delivery points in eastern Ukraine, a Donetsk senior official said.

The sides communicated by way of videoconference which also involved officials from the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), Donetsk People’s Republic First Vice Premier Andrei Purgin said.

Earlier on Monday, the Committee for Public Support of the Residents of Southeastern Ukraine, created within the Federation Council (upper house of Russian parliament), asked the International Committee of the Red Cross to help ensure the passage of a second aid convoy into Ukraine.

“The convoy of 1,800 tonnes is ready to move,” Committee Head Yuri Vorobyov said.

The first such aid convoy delivered almost 2,000 tonnes of relief supplies to Luhansk on August 22.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама