SINGAPORE, September 6 (Itar-Tass) - Malaysia and Australia will provide 60 million dollars each to continue the search for the missing Boeing 777, which disappeared in the Indian Ocean.
Australia also plans to build a monument in memory of the victims of the tragedy. Australian Premier Tony Abbott said it could be done only with consent of relatives of all the passengers and crewmembers.
The premier said the operation to search for the airliner would continue. The search will resume within two weeks and last as long as possible to examine the entire zone where the Malaysian Boeing disappeared.
The Malaysian transport minister said earlier that specialists designated 58 points on 60,000 sq km in the Indian Ocean where the search operation will continue. Large unidentified objects are spotted at the sites, but they may be stones or ship wreckage. The minister added the search might last for a year.
The Boeing 777 of Malaysia Airlines disappeared on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 7 this year. Contact with the airliner was lost two hours after it took off. On board were 227 passengers and 12 crewmembers. No any fragments of the plane have been found so far.
Another Malaysian airliner crashed in eastern Ukraine on July 17 this year.
Malaysian Prime Minister Hajib Tun Razak said on Saturday during talks in Kuala Lumpur with his Australian counterpart Tony Abbott that Malaysia demanded an independent and open investigation into the July 17 airliner crash, which killed 298 people.
Malaysia insists on a full, independent and transparent investigation to bring those guilty to court, the premier said.
At the same time, he said it was very difficult to establish who was responsible for the tragedy.
It will take weeks for international experts to have access again to the plane crash site in Ukraine. Malaysian specialists were ready to fly out for the site as soon as possible, he added.
The Security Council of the Netherlands said earlier that preliminary results of the investigation into the MH17 crash would be published on September 9.
The preliminary report will be based on information from available sources. It will take months to continue the investigation and make a final report, the security council said in a statement, adding it planned to publish a final report within a year after the crash.
The Australian premier arrived in Malaysia on a one-day visit to discuss cooperation in the search for the missing Malaysian airliner in the Indian Ocean and coordination of efforts to investigate the Flight MH17 crash in eastern Ukraine’s Donetsk region.