SINGAPORE, September 6 (Itar-Tass) - Malaysia demands an independent and open investigation into the July 17 airliner crash, which killed 298 people, Malaysian Prime Minister Hajib Tun Razak said on Saturday during talks in Kuala Lumpur with his Australian counterpart Tony Abbott.
Malaysia insists on a full, independent and transparent investigation to bring those guilty to court, the premier said.
At the same time, he said it was very difficult to establish who was responsible for the tragedy.
It will take weeks for international experts to have access again to the plane crash site in Ukraine. Malaysian specialists were ready to fly out for the site as soon as possible, he added.
The Security Council of the Netherlands said earlier that preliminary results of the investigation into the MH17 crash would be published on September 9.
The preliminary report will be based on information from available sources. It will take months to continue the investigation and make a final report, the security council said in a statement, adding it planned to publish a final report within a year after the crash.
The Australian premier arrived in Malaysia on a one-day visit to discuss cooperation in the search for the missing Malaysian airliner in the Indian Ocean and coordination of efforts to investigate the Flight MH17 crash in eastern Ukraine’s Donetsk region.