Russian, Indian students creating friendship satelliteScience & Space August 16, 21:46
Zenit St. Petersburg loses 0:1 against FC Utrecht in first leg of Europa League play-offSport August 16, 21:34
Saakashvili plans to return to Ukraine on September 10World August 16, 21:23
Russian diplomat concerned over US and North Korean aggressive statementsRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 16, 20:32
Diplomat says US-made chemical weapons found in Syria prove West’s support for terroristsRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 16, 20:14
Russia’s St. Petersburg to host World Travel Awards in SeptemberSociety & Culture August 16, 19:37
Combat aircraft to make up over 50% in Russian state arms seller’s exportsMilitary & Defense August 16, 19:22
Poroshenko orders probe into reports about supplies of missile technologies to North KoreaWorld August 16, 19:08
Over 700 policemen to provide security at UEFA Europa League’s match in Russia's KrasnodarSport August 16, 19:02
Andrei Lysenko told reporters, “We have not received any official humanitarian convoy request.”
Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said earlier Friday that Moscow sent another humanitarian convoy note to Kiev on Thursday and hoped the delivery could be started soon.
“Our official note on Russia’s intention to send a new humanitarian convoy to the southeast of Ukraine had been delivered to the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry last Sunday, five days ago,” the minister said. “It confirmed that the same as in the case of the first humanitarian convoy we intend to co-ordinate all the procedures with the Ukrainian side, with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) participation,” Lavrov said. “We intend to agree on the necessary security guarantees, including security guarantees from the Russian side for the aid delivery to the border and the Ukrainian side’s guarantees for the territory controlled by Kiev authorities, militias’ guarantees for the cargo safe passage via their territory.”“The day before yesterday we received an answer from the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry that expressed an agreement in principle to the sending of Russian humanitarian aid to the southeast of Ukraine and expressed the Ukrainian view on the logistics of this second convoy,” Lavrov said.
“We sent a second note to the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry yesterday with taking into account the Ukrainian proposals,” the minister said. “In our view, we have a common understanding on the way of ensuring security of this second convoy to the southeast [of Ukraine] and the cargo delivery.”
“The ICRC has been informed about all these aspects,” Lavrov said. “We hope that now that the second note, taking into account Ukraine’s suggestions has been sent to Kiev, it will be accepted shortly, and we will be able to proceed to the actual dispatch of humanitarian cargoes, so urgently needed by the civilian population of the southeast.”
On August 23, all the Russian convoy’s trucks returned to Russia after unloading in Luhansk about 2,000 tonnes of food products, water, baby food and medical supplies.