LUHANSK, August 27. /ITAR-TASS/. The start of school in Luhansk has been postponed as military action continues in the region, press service of the local city council said on Wednesday.
City authorities said more than half of city schools had been destroyed and reconstruction works were impossible due to continuous armed clashes in the city.
“We do not have the right to put our children in danger and under the risk. We cannot start a school year when military action continues here and many school buildings have been destroyed”, deputy mayor of Luhansk, Marina Vorotnikova, said.
Earlier, ITAR-TASs reported that Luhansk citizens have been left without electricity and water supplies for 20 days already.