Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Israeli army ordered to resume strikes against targets in Gaza after rocket attacks

August 19, 2014, 19:43 UTC+3 TEL AVIV
No violations of the truce had been registered up until today’s launch of three rockets on Israel from Gaza
1 pages in this article
© EPA/MOHAMMED SABER

TEL AVIV, August 19. /ITAR-TASS/. The Israeli armed forces have been told to open fire on the Gaza Strip again following Tuesday’s rocket attacks on the Jewish state by radicals from the Palestinian coastal enclave, a government source in Jerusalem reported.

“In response to violation by the Hamas movement of the ceasefire conditions, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon gave the order to resume strikes against terrorist targets in the Gaza Strip,” the source told ITAR-TASS.

Formally, a five-day truce extended by a day at midnight ends at 23:00 Jerusalem Time [21:00 UTC]. No violations of the truce had been registered up until today’s launch of three rockets on Israel from Gaza. The parties to the conflict have been involved in indirect talks in Cairo designed to reach an agreement on a long-term cessation of fire.

The Haaretz newspaper reported citing government sources that Netanyahu earlier on Tuesday ordered his country’s delegation at talks to settle the situation in the Gaza Strip to leave Cairo.

Israeli-Palestinian relations grew sour after June 12, 2014, when three Jewish teenagers were abducted in the West Bank. Later the teenagers were found killed. Israel accused Palestinian Islamist group Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement) militants of committing the crime.

On July 8, 2014, the Israel Defense Forces announced the start of the operation Protective Edge in the Gaza Strip against Hamas militants.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама