Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

More than 200 killed, hundreds injured in Pervomaisk in east Ukraine since July 22 — OSCE

August 12, 2014, 17:07 UTC+3 VIENNA
According to the latest report by the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine, “civilians continue to leave Donbass, whilst shelling allegedly continues to take a significant toll on human life"
1 pages in this article
© EPA/ IVAN BOBERSKYY

VIENNA, August 12. /ITAR-TASS/. Civilian casualties resulting from Kiev’s military operation in Ukraine’s eastern Donbas region are increasing, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) said on Tuesday.

According to the latest report on Ukraine prepared by the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine, “civilians continue to leave Donbass, whilst shelling allegedly continues to take a significant toll on human life".

"A group of internally displaced persons (IDPs) from Pervomais'k (76km west of Luhansk city) spoke to the SMM at Svatovo IDP transit camp (150km northwest of Luhansk city). They said that only 10,000 of Pervomais'k’s 80,000 inhabitants remained in the town. The town, they said, was being shelled by both Ukrainian military forces and irregular armed forces. The result, they said, was that almost all apartment blocks in the town had sustained damage, and only 30% of detached houses were intact. They said that 200 people had been killed in the town, and more than 400 wounded, since the shelling allegedly started on 22 July," the report says.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама