Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Russia opens probe into journalist kidnapping in eastern Ukraine

August 12, 2014, 11:36 UTC+3 MOSCOW
1 pages in this article

MOSCOW, August 12. /ITAR-TASS/. The Russian Investigative Committee (IC) has launched a criminal case into the alleged kidnapping of a photo journalist in eastern Ukraine, the committee's spokesman said on Tuesday.

Andrei Stenin, who works for the state-run Rossiya Segodnya news agency (formerly known as RIA Novosti), went missing on August 5. Stenin has been working in Ukraine's cities of Kiev, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Sloviansk since May 13.

Stenin's colleagues said he had been most likely captured by the Ukrainian troops, however, Ukraine's security service denied holding any Russian journalists in custody.

IC spokesman Vladimir Markin said the committee "is looking into the involvement of Ukraine's National Guard and security services in Stenin's kidnapping." However, Ukraine had earlier denied holding any Russian journalists in custody.

Safety of journalists working in Ukraine’s war-torn south-eastern regions repeatedly raised international concerns.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама